|Students of Waring High school, Boston, USA on tour with Insight Travel
|Wild crocodiles for the brave to touch
This package we offer basically looks at the tourist who wants to be on the move to see and enjoy
the tourist sites rather than getting too involved with the local people.
You need a dedicated car for this package. We agree on your itinerary with you before you set out in an
air-conditioned car/small bus to your destination. Your transport charges will depend on where you are visiting. We will however
help compute the figures for you based on our agreed itinerary.
Accommodation is mostly in hotels, but if you request an effort will be made to get you involved with the
local people as much as possible. The final charges for this package will be agreed with you later as your choice of hotels,
transport and even places for your day trips will have to be customized to suit your needs. Please see
the page on all year round /special tours for this month for a sample itinerary.
Places often visited includes:
- - Aburi Botanical Gardens in the Eastern region.
- - Boti Falls/Kintampo Waterfalls in Eastern and Brong Ahafo regions.
- - Akosombo Dam/cruise on Dodi Princess
- - Cape Coast & Elmina castles in Central region.
- - Kakum National Park with the only Canopy walkway in Africa.
- - Lake Bosomptwi, Manhyia Palace, the official residence of the Asantehene, King
- - Cultural Center where dance and drumming lessons can be arranged for you.
- - Boabeng Fiema Monkey Sanctuary in the Brong Ahafo region, where you can stroke wild monkeys
if brave enough.
- - Craft Centers such as Bonwire for Kente weaving, Ahwiaa for wood carving and Ntonso for Textile
- - Mole National Park has elephants, duikers, monkeys of all types, birds, etc and the atmosphere
for a safari is great.
- - Larabanga Mosque
- - Paga Crocodile Pond, here you can actually touch crocodiles.
|fresh corn available by the wayside